Hear no evil.

"Listening is hard because the more you listen, the more unsettling the world becomes. It's a lot easier just to place your hands over your ears and not listen at all."

-Could one man have shortened the Vietnam War?, BBC News



I am deeply impacted by what I see and hear in the world. As Ramon often tells me, I just feel so much. But I feel so much because I can't look away and I can't turn it off, and I can't pretend like injustices aren't occurring all around me and to me. I don't want to turn a blind eye. Maybe I'd feel less, maybe life would be easier, maybe I would be so angry at and scared of the world, but I would also be living a lie every single day. And that, is just something I am not comfortable with. I just wish everyone else would take their hands of their ears and allow themselves to feel it all so that they would be motivated to be agents of change.

Comments

Popular Posts