"Thank you for your support of this effort to raise money for ALS research in memory of your dad.  He was so incredible and you remind me of him in so many ways especially your generous spirit."

The hardest part of losing my dad at such a young age is that I struggle to remember him and what he was like. I have faint glimpses of his smile in my head and not a lot beyond that. So when my mom says there are things about me that remind her of him, I have to take her word on it, because I just don't remember him well enough.

As I get older I feel like I know my mom and stepdad on a different level. I see them for who they are and not for some blurry child's eyes perspective. I will never have that with my dad. I will never get to know him as him. And I think that is so much of why I have a hard time seeing any of him in me.

Comments

Popular Posts