Self through others.

I've struggled with bouts of depression for over half my life. As I've gotten older, I've been better about recognizing it's onset and addressing my lifestyle to combat it. For me, that has worked well.... When I can actually see it coming on.

Sometimes though you slip into it slowly-- And it's not like you feel sad necessarily but it's this constant sense of uncertainty and being overwhelmed. Exhaustion both emotionally and physically. 

But towards the end of every bout, I am left with this feeling of being truly blessed. I have the most amazing and loving support system watching out for me, taking care of me along the way. And it's hard to not feel loved and not be thankful for everyone in my inner circle. I am thankful I have such wonderful people who help me see myself through their eyes and regain my own sense of self and self-worth.

Comments

Popular Posts