5 yr. plan


"Actions express priorities." I posted this quote by Ghandi not long ago but I have failed, in the past few months, to really embody this. 

Today I had a lengthy conversation with our VP of Operations about what it means to be a woman in the workplace. She discussed the behaviors we have learned through societal training that put us at a disadvantaged, encouraged us to establish personal and professional boundaries in the workplace as well as to take ownership and drive our career development. 

This left me seriously considering what my five year plan is for my professional life as well as my personal life because "a plan without a deadline is merely an idea" [quote shared with me by Brianne Kumar]

More so, it made me start considering whether or not I am living the actions that will manifest my goals. I am accountable for my life and direction it heads. 

Questions of accountability:
  • Am I living true to myself?
  • Am I actively engaged in my life and the direction it is heading?
  • Am I making meaningful compromises that will enhance my life, or am I compromising against my goals and core values?
  • Am I thinking critically about my interactions/actions?




Comments

Popular Posts