The difference between inconsiderate and emotionally manipulative

A very relative, poignant article that addresses an important issue specifically for women:
A Message to Women from a Man: You are not "crazy"


in regards to men: "When we are discouraged in our youth and early adulthood from expressing emotion, it causes many of us to remain steadfast in our refusal to express regret when we see someone in pain from our actions." 

And this is when women, most often, are called crazy. When they have a reaction to someone else who has mistreated them. This has happened to me on multiple occasions, specifically with the last three males that I dated (even more specifically, my ex-boyfriend). Any time their actions hurt me and I had a reaction they became defensive and would call me crazy or tell me I was overreacting. No, actually, I am not crazy nor am I overreacting. You hurt me, you misrepresented yourself, and I am expressing my emotional response to it. You can't handle that? Then reflect on your own actions so you don't repeat that behavior. Don't transfer your poor coping skills onto me. Mmk thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts