I've dealt with a handful of painful experiences in my life (or as I like to say, some serious shit). And I have found that what got me through each and everyone of those experiences was the support system surrounding me. When you are low and lost, you sometimes need someone else's clear sight to guide you out of your own mind or at the very least just to hold your hand in the dark.

That doesn't make you weak. Doesn't make you less. It makes you human. It means you are connected to other people; that your souls are joined in some way. And to me, that is beautiful. Suffering alone is an unnecessary burden to bare.

It breaks my heart to watch someone handle a heavy burden by themselves... Especially when I look at them and know to my core that I could make it better, make them hurt a little less, lighten the load. I'm not afraid of it making my life complicated or messy. And if it does trust me, I can handle it. I've always enjoyed playing in the mud. But how do you convince someone of that?

It's impossible. So even if it hurts you, you allow them to put that wall up and shut you out with the hope that in time they come to realize what you already know; they don't need to do it alone.

Comments

Popular Posts